Passport is a document issued by a country to a citizen allowing that person to travel abroad and re-enter the home country. Moreover, it is a very important document for a person as it is the biggest proof of your identity. All the citizens of
The whole process requires some formalities to be done and it takes around 45 days to get a passport. To get it for the first time, you have to follow certain steps to obtain a passport.
- Passport application form: The first step to obtain a passport is to get an application form from the passport office itself. Now for the convenience of the people in
, local head offices of a city or their designated outlets also provide you the form. You can also download the form from the Central Passport Organization’s website at www.passport.nic.in or apply for Passport through Online Registration. Remember to take printouts of the application form once you register online. If you face any problem related to online registration, you can produce the printouts as proof. India
- Filling the form: Since the passport form is machine readable, you need to fill the form with utmost care. Follow the instructions given in the form itself.
- Use back or blue ball-point pen only.
- Fill in all the information legibly in capital letters only.
- While filling in the boxes, leave one box blank once you complete a word.
- Remember not to touch the boundaries of the box when you write.
- Paste the passport size photographs at the mentioned boxes. You need at least six photographs to be pasted.
- Do not forget to put signature and thumb impression at the specified box. Illiterate people should only put their thumb impression in that box.
- Incomplete forms are rejected so ensure that you fill the form completely.
- Avoid overwriting and mistakes.
· The passport office counter
· The Speed post centers
· District passport cells
· Designated passport outlets
For online registration, you have to submit the printouts of the application form with the other documents at the respective passport office. It is recommended to submit your passport form personally or through a person whom you authorize. You can also send it through a registered post.
Applying for the urgent passport:Generally it requires around 45 days getting a passport, but if you need an urgent passport then you must refer to the Talkaal Scheme as mentioned on the website